A Directory of Community Groups and University Resources Addressing Long Island's Inequalities
Resources for Experiential Learning (EXP) Classes
Welcome our directory! The Ineqwiki provides a clearinghouse for the island's community groups non-profits, as well as academics, students, and others in colleges and universities, to find one another and collaborate. We encourage students and professors to use this platform as part of the EXP requirements to find community groups doing work in areas that align with their academic program. As a springboard for joint work between academic institutions and community groups, this site helps illuminate, address and remedy the many faces of inequality and injustice on Long Island.
Our immediate goals are twofold: By collecting and disseminating activities, contact information, and current needs of non-profit and activist groups on Long Island, we seek to enable the island's academic communities to reach out to and interact more fruitfully with them. By the same token, we also aim to provide leaders of community groups with avenues, contacts, and means by which they may more easily draw on the expertise, resources, and aid of the island's colleges and universities. The Ineqwiki is sponsored by Stony Brook's Center for the Study of Inequalities, Social Justice, and Policy and the Long Island Progressive Network.
How to use the IneqWiki: Each entry contains information about the group and contact information. Please contact the groups directly to work out the specifics of setting up service learning, mentored research, field work, or an internship.
The Ineqwiki is sponsored by Stony Brook's Center for the Study of Inequalities, Social Justice, and Policy and the Long Island Progressive Network.
- Campaign for Alternatives to Isolated Confinement (CAIC)
- Central American Refugee Center (CARECEN-NY)
- Civil Service Employees Association (CSEA)
- Communications Workers of America Local 1108 (CWA)
- Community Voices for Youth and Families
- Empire Justice Center (Long Island)
- ERASE Racism
- Family Community Life Center
- Hempstead Hispanic Civic Association
- Huntington Township Housing Coalition
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Third District (IBEW)
- Karuna For Animals: Compassion In Action, Inc.
- Long Island Bus Riders Union
- Long Island Civic Engagement Table (LICET)
- Long Island Jobs with Justice
- Long Island Progressive Coalition
- Long Island Transgender Advocacy Coalition (LITAC)
- March for Our Lives Long Island
- New York Civil Liberties Union--Suffolk County Chapter
- North Country Peace Group
- Rural and Migrant Ministry (Long Island)
- SEIU Local 32BJ
- Sepa Mujer
Stony Brook University Channels and Resources
- Center for the Study of Inequalities, Social Justice, and Policy; College of Arts and Sciences
- Center for Inequalities, Social Justice, and Policy Faculty Affiliates
- History Department; College of Arts and Sciences
- Latin American and Caribbean Studies Center; College of Arts and Sciences
- Leadership and Creativity Research Lab; School of Business
- Suggestions, Schedules, and Guidelines for Collaborating with SBU faculty and students
Help for editors
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.